Friday, September 28, 2012

quiet times

i have struggled with my quiet times forever. i seriously can't remember the last time i felt good about my times with God.  inconsistency, distractions, apathy.

i have a lot more structure now. i have very few distractions here.  and i don't have much else to invest myself in.  i am so thankful to be having good times in Gods word. 
that's my spot.  i have my plan, my coffee, and quiet.  i think i will look back on this time here as being an unusually sweet time with the Lord.


(caregroup ladies!! are you still reading a praying life?  i finished it and i loved it.  its been so helpful.  those are my note cards sticking out my book there!  : )  )

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful! So glad you're able to invest time with the Lord in this season!
    Viv

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this photo and what you wrote. Quiet moments of reflection and prayer are so good for me (and can, unfortunately, be rare in this fast paced life so many of us have). I'm happy for this gift of time you have right now. As a related side-note, I got sick on Thursday night and was out of work Friday. I have been having a MUCH needed rainy weekend in since (which I thought was funny timing after my comment on your rainy day post).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, you got your wish! thats awesome...except the being sick part.

      Delete
  3. i love this cori- exactly what i've been praying for your kentucky time.

    ReplyDelete