Friday, September 14, 2012

pizza night

friday nights are our pizza nights.  it is so good.  thanks to my lovely friend liz, i am learning how to make cheese.  today i made my first successful batch of ricotta.  it went perfectly on our pizza.  wish i had better photos...i am still learning the basics of photo taking...
here is the recipe for a really simple and delicious crust (from fine cooking magazine...thanks mom!)
*1 3/4 C lukewarm water
*1 Tbsp olive oil
*2 tsp salt
*1 1/2 tsp dry yeast
*1 1/2 tsp sugar (or honey)
*4 1/2  C flour (we usually use spelt or whole wheat)
   mix all ingredients in large bowl.  cover loosely with plastic wrap.  let rise for 2 hours at room temperature, then move to refrigerator.  use within the day, or transfer to sealed container for a week, or freeze.

6 comments:

  1. I've tried posting on here several times and each time I can't seem to get the letters right to log in. But I've reading your entries and I love hearing about your life there. The pizza looks so yummy. Great tradition pizza on Fridays. =)

    Carol Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I actually posted. Thanks to Cynthia I didn't realize you had to put the numbers in too.
    Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great - can't wait to try it when we get back. Finally leaving tomorrow - will keep in touch.

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm coming to dinner at your place tonight...seriously. I'm on my way. In 6 hours I'll be knocking on your door, but don't worry...I bet that stuff's good cold. Also, you make your own cheese!? Stop it. That's too cool! I need to learn about this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pizza looks really good!
    You're making cheese!?! ....I'll talk with Liz about this!!! (Didn't know she was into this!)
    You second pizza looks really good....could be in a restaurant magazine!
    -Viv

    ReplyDelete