Thursday, October 25, 2012

a brief update

today was an exciting day for me.  not only did i get to go to an asl workshop on campus, but i went to the sign language and deaf culture club on campus for the first time.  both were very exciting to me.  i finally met a deaf person in morehead!  the Lord answered my prayer.  shelby is a freshman at msu, and is leading the club.  i really enjoyed getting to sign with her!  i am looking forward to hopefully getting to know her better.  so thankful that the Lord is leading me in my pursuit to really learn asl.

john has been working long days.  this is a rough part of the semester.  but he is doing a great job.  tonight he is working with the robotic team, trying to get the robot ready in time for the robot competition. (sounds pretty nerdy, right?)

lastly, porter is enjoying being 1.  he is into more mature things now...



5 comments:

  1. I'm so excited about you meeting Shelby!! Answered prayer!! Yay!!
    And John is working with the Robotics Team again!! Yay!!
    And there's my genius grandson.....um...being a genius. What can I say?

    :-) Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad Porter grew up and started acting his age. I was starting to think he was going to be one of those ambition-less, deadbeat one year olds who just eats carpet fuzzies and bangs tupperware bowls around on the floor.

    On another note, I'm SO HAPPY you're getting the opportunity to learn ASL in more depth and that you may have even made a friend who could help! :) How exciting!!! (good to see you've not resigned yourself to carpet fuzzies and tupperware banging either...I see where Porter gets his inspiration)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So happy that your making some headway with asl!
    John Porter is sooooo cute reading gown up stuff :)
    Viv

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's so cute. haha. Are you teaching him sign language too? He will be bilingual! So glad you found someone like you prayed.

    ReplyDelete