Sunday, August 26, 2012

finding a stride

 last night was a steelers preseason game.  i think he has a few more years to fit into this...

 despite a rough week, i do feel like we are starting to get our bearings.   i've found my grocery store. (that's a big deal for me)  i am getting back into my cooking rhythm.   we are getting a better grasp of what our weeks will look like for this semester.

sundays were always a relaxing day for us at grandmas house....we miss that so much!  we have been enjoying crockpot meals so we have something ready when we get back from church.  (we go to a service at 11.30, so porter can get his morning nap!)   even though we can't enjoy sundays the way we used to, we are finding ways to make it fun.

 we are figuring things out.   that is progress.

 i was suprised when i thought i saw a turkey hill in kentucky...

2 comments:

  1. Grocery stores are a big deal. Going to market to look for specials, to meet our budget, find deals or specials that you know at 'God Ordained' then, to return home with our treasures, feeling like it was a successful hunt.
    Celebrate 'finding you way'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your mom.....grocery stores ARE a big deal. So I'm so happy for you all. And there's something so homey when you walk in the door after church and smell cooking food! You're doing such a good job, Cori! What a daughter-in-law! (Of course I would still feel that way if you walked in the door and made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, too.) My point is.....you're making a home there. You remind me of how my mom used to do that.

    ReplyDelete