Saturday, December 8, 2012

one semester down (almost), three to go.

its hard to believe john's first semester is already coming to a close.  its gone really well.  we have gotten used to the area, and i think we have found that we actually enjoy being here.  i have come to a peace about this home, our church here, and my little "things" im invested in each day.  the Lord has been so kind to us.  i went to my last asl club meeting of the semester.  i had a really nice talk with shelby.  there is a good possibility of me helping her next semester with the club!  i may take over the beginners class!  i am really excited about that.

if you want to know what john has been doing for the last 3 months, here it is:
i asked him if he would write a few sentences about his semester...

Well, I have had a full and stimulating semester in which I was given much opportunity to put competing viewpoints in juxtaposition of each other and analyze there commonalities while still defragmenting their…sorry, I zoned out and thought I was writing another assignment for one of my classes. Actually, that is what I spent most of my time doing, and its enabled me to knock the rust off my writing skills. That’s a good thing because I’m going to be writing for the next 5-6 years of my life, if not longer. I also enjoyed teaching two lab classes and helping in another two. Morehead has been a very nice place to live and it is starting to feel like home (is that ok to say?) I am looking forward to the break though. 
 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on being done with a semester! That IS an accomplishment! :)

    ReplyDelete